Thanks for visiting!!! Please leave a comment!!

I'm delighted you've come to call! Have a cup of tea or coffee & rest with me a few minutes. There is always time to spend with a good friend!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What's cooking?

Gathering some of the ingredients that transform this into future meals.

Food in the freezer's like money in the bank!







Four lbs. of ground turkey(93/7),a few other
ingredients & a bit of time yields wholesome convenience for a future time. I'd love to share the recipe but copyrights prevent me. (Don't they expire after a certain amount of time?) Six future meals that might be Smothered Meatballs;Spaghetti & Meatballs; a Meatball Hero,Swedish Meatballs or anything else involving said ingredient.
Sometimes this is called "Quantity Cooking" or "Once a Month",basically it's making a larger quantity than normal to freeze for a later date.Cheaper than buying prepared food & home made is almost always a healthier bet as well.No added chemicals, preservatives or coloring.
An easy way to do this is to make double one of your favorite recipes that freezes well,eat one that night & pop the other in the freezer-dated & labeled ,of course, for a future dinner. It's a very easy way to solve the I'm -exhausted- what- do -we- have -for -dinner dilemma.
The "Make- A- Mix" cookbook I show here has mixes for every part of eating that you could think of plus recipes to use each master mix.It's a really fun cookbook.Now, with just the two of us,I reduce the size of some of the mixes to be sure we use them up quickly enough.
It was also a good time to straighten my freezer!!!

1 comment:

Nanette Merrill said...

Hey I have that book too! :-) We got it for a wedding gift 29 years ago. I haven't used it much lately. You make me want to get it out and use it!