Thanks for visiting!!! Please leave a comment!!

I'm delighted you've come to call! Have a cup of tea or coffee & rest with me a few minutes. There is always time to spend with a good friend!

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

In the Sewing Room

Aren't these fabrics sweet??!! I was able to sew a little over the weekend.I'd found a tote pattern on the Wyndham Fabrics site & thought "perfect for these fabrics!"!
And I AM very pleased with how they turned out!! But for the life of me, I could NOT figure out their directions for attaching the pocketed lining to the outside bag. Now,when I run into a problem the first thing I do is tell Dan!!!! He thinks so completely better than I!!! He understands-I read. I OVER read.Really, I Do. I can turn a 2 step direction into 4 without a problem. I also persevere,in sewing, this means that I rip out,try again,rip out, try.....you get the picture. Dan, may or may not look at the directions(!!!! I STUDY them!!). He looks at what I'm working on & KNOWS. I admire this tremendously about my husband. The kids all seemed to get this talent,obviously,not from moi' !! Well, even he agreed,the directions I was trying to follow were pretty useless.Do the direction makers assume I know more than I think I know? Such as, shall I assume the seam allowance to be 1/4'', 1/2'' or 5/8'' ? Since this pattern is from a quilt fabric company I go with the solid 1/4'' quilters seam allowance.It makes perfect but nervous sense to me!! Okay. Is this why I had to turn to a written in Japanese pattern & could figure it out from the few pictures they had??Because that's what I did.

And ended up with this bag of Happy!!! Ya,know,maybe that's the problem,my direction part of my brain was programmed in Japanese while the rest of me is plain & simple American!!!!!!
Here's to all those brilliant brains that don't even NEED directions-I salute you..... & will always,always need & be grateful for your help!!!

1 comment:

Nanette Merrill said...

It turned out darling. I really like it. I have my daughter read directions for me sometimes when get frustrated.