Thanks for visiting!!! Please leave a comment!!

I'm delighted you've come to call! Have a cup of tea or coffee & rest with me a few minutes. There is always time to spend with a good friend!

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Another gathering of friends!!! We are all working on a couple of projects that will go to Ecuador.
Joyce & her husband are heading up a Missions Team that will be going to Ecuador a little later in July.
J. had an "extra" project that was so much fun!We got to decorate some plain white gift bags.The team has little goodies, for the Ecuador women ,that will go in these cute bags!
This is Joyce!!
We also were tracing Spanish Bible verses on fabric. With these,they'll have a time of fellowship with the women to turn these into a wall hanging to take home.

While we worked on these,we got to sip one of my favorite summertime tea recipes. I've always called it "Plantation Tea'' but I see the actual name is "Plantation Almond Tea" I'm quite sure I will merrily go on calling it by it's shortened version, it seems to call up a lazy vision of iced cold tea while sitting on a humid veranda,okay, porch. Porch takes the romance right out it for me.Imagine Scarlett sweeping her magnificent, flowing sultry gown & inviting Rhett to 'Hav a lil" tea with me on the porch!!!! I don't think so, mah dear!
No matter whether porch,veranda,kitchen or dining room it tastes awful good to me! Most people can't quite identify the flavors for the first time.

Plantation Tea

3/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. lemon juice
2 tea bags or 2 tsp. loose tea
2 c. water
2 c. cold water
1/2 tsp.almond extract
1/2 tsp.vanilla extract

I take the sugar & water & bring it to a boil to make a sugar syrup.After the sugar's dissolved,I take it off the burner & add the tea bags to steep,20-30 minutes.(I think I always put an extra bag in also).After done steeping,I remove bags, adding all ingredients left, minus 1 c. of the cold water. I like it stronger,so I don't add all the water without tasting it first. Adjust to your own preference,grab a glass & sit a spell!! After all,it is the good ol' summertime!!!!

No comments: