- I'm going to bring you along on one of my challenges-$40.00 a week for groceries for 2.
Sunday- Featured a 5 lb. roast chicken for .89 a lb. I roasted this in the oven with a little butter & seasonings. I also par boiled 3 potato's & 8 slender sweet carrots. I drained those,sprinkled them with flour,then shook them in the lidded pan & added to the same pan as the roast chicken with a drizzle of olive oil & a dash of salt & pepper.
- From that one roasted chicken I have 2 thigh & drum pieces that will be for 2 of hubby's lunch.I still have enough chicken for 2 other meals to come.
- Price total for one meal from that chicken-less than $2.50
- Monday-Almost a lb. of country ribs at $1.55.I've mixed up a bbq sauce with honey,catalina dressing,soy sauce,hot sauce,plum jelly & a dash of ginger from my pantry & have that going in my slo-cooker. I'm going to serve this with maple sweet potatoes,possibly oven fries & leftover baked beans.Can of sweet potatoes estimated at a $1.00
- Price total for this meal-$2.55
I won't grocery shop till after the ads come out this week,so these meals come from my stocked freezer & pantry. I'm not adding in the price of condiments,spices etc. that are stock items in my pantry.Let me know what budget friendly,tasty meals you're whipping up, too!
Some of the sweetest faces in the world to me!!!