Thanks for visiting!!! Please leave a comment!!

I'm delighted you've come to call! Have a cup of tea or coffee & rest with me a few minutes. There is always time to spend with a good friend!

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Here we are again!!! Our favorite "girl stop"!! Ariana had her Dr.'s appt. & then,we go here! Yes, that's right -this is one of the reasons my jeans are tight!! Why, oh why, did full-figure gals go out of fashion???! I bought 2 glazed donut holes to go with our coffee...they were picked up by another lady...so DD graciously gave us 6!! So, I ate 2,Sum ate 2 & I saved 2 for Dan....it helps to share!!
Isn't she the sweetest thing?!!! She slept through coffee time....and shopping time....& all those comments from people about how adorable she is!!!!! I love the little ears on her jacket!!!
Remember-caffeine has magical restorative properties...& makes us Happy !!!

Quilt Taffy had a cute post about a sewing kit with a really fabulous pincushion,so I thought I'd share mine! See my lovely pincushion?? It was made by my sweet friend, Leslie & I treasure it-it is so "me"!! What other essentials are in my kit?A wool needle holder I made. A tape measure I've had since-? Gold trimmed scissors tied with a bright pink ribbon to make them easy to spot,as well as an antique pair I used to use. The wooden embroidery hoop is an old hoop & my personal favorite-you can't find them like this anymore.I've used the hoop & scissors since a young girl! I've an old thimble & also a plastic yellow one ,not shown that I use. Some very nice new pins I purchased this year.Some with little flat buttons that top them ,the others a yellow glass. A little box of "thread heaven" I purchased on our shop hop, that works really well.Lastly, I've pictures of 2 seam rippers!! We all know what they're for!!!


I've got 2 each of my quilt blocks done-I'm loving them!! Unfortunately,my fibro is acting up rather nasty & I'm having a hard time getting things done right now...but hey,inch by inch it's a cinch,right?!! What do you think-are thay making you feel a tad patriotic? Recalling the Civil War??!



Brr,baby,it's cold inside!!! & I'm a waiting on my honey,to purchase with some money, a new furnace for our home.Do wop de do wah. He's got the old one ripped out...that's good, right??That means we're halfway? perhaps a quarter way there??We've got an invigorating 61* right now.Yes,that would be the inside temp. Okay, babe, instead of chocolate how bout meltin my heart with the furnace this weekend?

And still thinking about rice....& feeling a bit chilly,have I shared my tongue tingling,toe warming recipe for Red Beans & Rice??Another great way to use rice!
4 c. cooked red beans( I don't like kidney beans so I think the kind I use are actually called "small red beans")
2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper - the recipe says this is optional, I say,Essential!!
1 tsp. black pepper
2-3 bay leaves
1 tsp. cumin
4 c. water
2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. chopped celery
1 chopped onion
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 T. parsley

Simmer in a pot 3-4 hours,adding water as needed, to make a thick gravy.Remove bay leaves & serve over rice. We add "little smokies" to our's. You could also use a ham soup bone,known as a ham hock around here.Double the recipe & you have saving grace stored in the freezer for another day's meal!!! Enjoy!!

No comments: