Thanks for visiting!!! Please leave a comment!!

I'm delighted you've come to call! Have a cup of tea or coffee & rest with me a few minutes. There is always time to spend with a good friend!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

I just discovered a great blog I'd like to join- http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
It's full of journal entries from other women. Check it out!

Outside my window.... is a winter grey today, as if even the sky was turned to slush.

I am thinking....about the day ahead of me & the little things I need to do.

I am thankful for.....my arms. Sounds funny, doesn't it? I heard a story of a Civil War soldier who had lost both his arms in a battle. He had someone write to his fiancee' that because of this he would give her up. The young woman did not write a reply. Instead, she boarded a train & told him she would never give him up. She lifted her two hands to him & said, "See these two hands? They will help you." For whatever reason I woke thinking how hard it would be to not have even one arm, much less missing both. I think of all my hands & arms do....it makes me very grateful for them.

No comments: