Thanks for visiting!!! Please leave a comment!!

I'm delighted you've come to call! Have a cup of tea or coffee & rest with me a few minutes. There is always time to spend with a good friend!

Monday, January 31, 2011

e Shhhhh! Can you keep a secret? This card I made this morning is for my m-i-l's birthday on the 2nd. I'm absolutely delighted with how it came out. It's a flirty, feminine card-Fun! I'm not sure why but it seems everything I add my French stamp to turns out... well, ooh la la!!
I am trying to overcome cabin fever, winter doldrums, & grandchildren withdrawal, along with a nasty bout of flu last week. Phew! When Saturday rolled around I was ready for some excitement! My husband & I look at each other & kinda go.."hmm, just what would that be?".
Well, we decided to hunt for some car parts. Men, you see, don't shop, women shop, men hunt. So a-hunting we will go! We are looking to bag some carpet for the back of the Camaro. J & R Upholstery is where we'll head first. Unfortunately, the scent is dead there, we would have to order it, not in-store. But I, meanwhile, have got a free cd & bag of popcorn from my favorite radio personality, Glen Pitcher. As my son would say- sweeeet-!
We go to Sears next. Rats! Forgot the tools we need replaced. Drool over some workbench-toolbox arrangements.
My turn now. I want to look at luggage at J C Penny's. Rats, again!! Luggage is on sale but still more than I want to spend. Look at curtains for my bare dining room windows. Hate that they decided to subtly rip off the American people by no longer selling curtains in pairs but sell by single panels... like when did windows only come with one side?? & they charge more for the single panel than what I want to spend for the whole window. Make our exit, haven't bagged a thing yet. . .
Onward to the Speed Shop. This is an actual store that sells zoom-zoom go-really-fast car parts. Happy hunting grounds indeed! I opt to stay in the warm truck for this hunt. Ahh, the sweet smell of success, (it's very similiar to motor oil,) the happy hunter has returned with a bagged item! It is now a successful hunting day!
For the big finale, I want to go to an Aldi's & Weis Market I've never been to before. (We decide to throw in a sidetrip to Staples. What do you think of the Kindle's ? they had a display.) The grocery stores are my thing. I pick up a few good deals & we head home.
All this excitement has about done me in!! A post excitement nap is in my schedule next! Hope you had a great weekend too!!

No comments: