Thanks for visiting!!! Please leave a comment!!

I'm delighted you've come to call! Have a cup of tea or coffee & rest with me a few minutes. There is always time to spend with a good friend!

Monday, January 31, 2011

Cooking for 2

I used to love cooking with my girls & Travis, too, when he was younger. Once he turned a little older, he liked more manly pursuits, ahhh, testosterone. But I digress, I thought today, I feel like cooking with my family & this is as close as I can get. What are we making today? Hot Honey Spareribs! For you, Summer, our confirmed Pork detester, how about trying it with chicken or beef?
What I've got above is about 2 1/2 lbs. of meaty country pork ribs. Season each side with ground pepper & garlic salt.Then, place those seasoned ribs under the broiler.
Broil 4-5 minutes each side, till brown. Just like that in the picture. You're awesome! Now just leave them on their lonesome for a little bit while we mix up our spunky sauce.

Add a 1/4 c. honey to a measuring cup. I spray my cup with a little Pam spray just to make sure my honey will come out easily. Also, if you live in the North like I do, you might want to warm your honey by placing it in hot water so it will pour from the little bear more easily. Note- write "lil honey bear" on your grocery list if your lil' bear's tummy is empty like mine.
Add 1/8 c. ( or 1/8 c. = 2 TB.) sodium reduced soy sauce.
Add secret ingredient # 1 - 1/8 c. ( or 2 TB. ) of Hot Chili Garlic Sauce. This is found in the Chinese section at your Grocer's. Note- write this on grocery list too if you just used the last of it like I did.
Add secret ingredient # 2, 1/2 c. of Catalina dressing.
Before you whisk this lovely mixture together...
Add 1/2 tsp. of ginger.
Now, the grand finale- Add your lovely browned, perfectly seasoned ribs to your slo-cooker. Pour your spunky rib sauce over the ribs, mix it a bit to make sure they are coated on all sides.

Set your crockpot on High & let cook for 3-4 hours.
No peeking now. Trust me, it will really be done in 3-4 hours. If you're not ready to eat then, just turn that little dial to warm. Yep-you guessed it, it will keep them warm till you're ready to eat them. Ahhh,now to figure out what to have with them. . . cole slaw anyone?

No comments: