Thanks for visiting!!! Please leave a comment!!

I'm delighted you've come to call! Have a cup of tea or coffee & rest with me a few minutes. There is always time to spend with a good friend!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

The NEW Project

The paper & Old Village paint that were on the dining room walls.
Color choices.Our lamp fixture came defective. We are not redoing it. It is off kilter...like so many things in our house...& possibly...us??!!!
Still, in the kitchen, Dan, my darling, did the shoe molding yesterday. I still need to get cafe rods for the curtains.... and order the ric-rac. I should sand & paint the kitchen door & find a colorful runner for the floor. Maybe something for the walls & we're done!! Phew! Alot of time & effort but well worth it.
And before I've got the kitchen completed...... I've started on the dining room-
our NEW Project, otherwise known as a continuing episode of "Will this ever end?" !!! Am I nuts??? What was I thinking?! When the temps & humidity levels were in the high 80's & 90's, it must have created a meltdown in my brain..... who would think it was a good time to strip wallpaper, scrub painted walls....& let me interject here, about that. Arm & Hammer Washing Soda & a green Scotch Brite pad are the best things for prepping a wall, at least, my dining room walls, that were painted with Old Village paint in Rittenhouse Ivory,which is really a brown.
It all started with a friend, bless her heart, who came over to help me paint. One coat of primer. Two coats of paint. #3. Three. Three. THREE. Did I mention it needed 3 coats of paint??!!! In all its painstaking groove-iness? Not to be confused with getting "your groove on", whatever that means, this was painting with a 1 1/2" & 2" brush, getting into the grooves,the many,many grooves with White Chocolate.....paint, that is. So that I can have chocolate all year round,every single day! It is done!! Thank-you, Joyce.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Love reading your blog, you do have a way with words. Really enjoy your insight on everything.
So glad that your are able to remodel your home. Can't wait to see what you do next! Love you