Thanks for visiting!!! Please leave a comment!!

I'm delighted you've come to call! Have a cup of tea or coffee & rest with me a few minutes. There is always time to spend with a good friend!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Blog-worthy foods I have ate!

I've made some simple but really delicious dishes I want to share with you all. Above, in my ever-so-nifty pan for our grill-an assortment of fresh veggies. Zucchini, broccoli, Portabella mushrooms, a few carrots & red potatoes, drizzled with olive oil & liberally sprinkled with Seasoned Salt. Cooked till tender on the grill with leftover chicken mixed in. Absolutely perfect for a Summer evening!
This is another dish with chicken that was fabulous! I soaked some sun-dried tomatoes ( From Pine Ridge! ), in a little chicken broth for 30 min's or so. On the stove, I sauteed some Vidalia onion & chopped garlic in Burgundy wine. The aroma & taste from the wine is sensational. To the veggies I added the tomato-broth mixture, pre-cooked chicken I cut in strips & let them simmer together for awhile. I thickened the broth with a bit of cornstarch & milk. At the last moment, I threw in some chopped tomato, just to slightly warm. I served it over Ronzoni's healthy spaghetti with fresh chopped basil. This is super!! Another "light" dish that I will make again!
And this bit of sugared love....ahhh! It is a recipe for Caramel Snickerdoodle Bundt Cake. A new recipe I tried off the Betty Crocker site. Sooo good, I'd like to make this one especially for Travis, as Snickerdoodle cookies were his favorite! Full of bright cinnamon-y flavor & smells just like the cooky while baking. It's worth buying the bundt pan for!! Find the recipe at www.bettycrocker.com Enjoy!



No comments: