Thanks for visiting!!! Please leave a comment!!

I'm delighted you've come to call! Have a cup of tea or coffee & rest with me a few minutes. There is always time to spend with a good friend!

Friday, October 16, 2009

Soup, marvelous soup!

I made a soup yesterday that is oh so yummy,tingle in your tummy good!! Gotta share it with you all!! I sauteed ( or for you Food Network folks-"sweated") onion,thin slices of carrot, celery and garlic in a smidge of olive oil. When they were tender I added chicken broth, cooked pinto beans (Any will do),chopped cabbage, dried red pepper flakes, pre-cooked hot turkey sausage slices & some barley. I simmered til done & froze some. Just some. The rest I am eating - last night for my supper, today, for my lunch......I resisted it for breakfast!!!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Sounds yummy Jill, I love soup this time of year, so warm and satisfying. When it is cold, it is nice to put a soup in the crockpot and get out a jigsaw puzzle to work on while it is cooking, mmm good.