Thanks for visiting!!! Please leave a comment!!

I'm delighted you've come to call! Have a cup of tea or coffee & rest with me a few minutes. There is always time to spend with a good friend!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What's Cookin'






I know,I know -it's really the babies you're always hoping to see. Dan came home & was once again lured by Thumbelina's baby charms!! Gavin & I are sharing some early morning snuggles-thus, my early morning messy look!!!! Hey, at least you know I'm real -no photo shop going on here!!!!

The girls were here for lunch yesterday & I made a VERY SIMPLE but good lunch.It's simply cooked pasta,I happened to use linguine, with cottage cheese & a smidge of butter if you've got it!!! I cooked up the whole pkg. so I could have linguine with clam sauce for supper,which is as follows- Saute some chopped garlic in olive oil & butter. Add parsley,a few grinds of pepper,a squeeze of fresh lemon & a bit of white wine. Add 2-3 cans of chopped clams with some of the clam liquor.You'll want to taste before adding all the clam liquor.Or go ahead, live recklessly add it all & then adjust seasonings.Salt , if needed, to taste. Here's a little tip you might not know-don't boil the clams-they get tough& bouncy,like chewing little superballs.If you must boil your liquids, by all means do so (I did), but do so BEFORE adding your clams. Without having the life boiled out of them, they'll stay tender little succulent morsels from the sea!! Having my pasta pre-cooked makes this a 5 minute meal to cook & it's so good!!

No comments: